Good self-control can both help and hinder attempts to move on after failure
Self-control helps us engage with new goals, but can also be a barrier to moving on from our original ones.
How adverse childhood experiences shape our brains
Gary Donohoe explores the research.
Five minutes with… Dr Lasana Harris
Dr Lasana Harris discusses his research using administrative data to understand community wellbeing.
- ...happinessWe bring you a collection of links to articles on the psychology of happiness.
- ...getting confidence rightShaoni Bhattacharya trawls our archive to find out when it works, and if – as the Dunning-Kruger Effect suggests – a little learning can be a dangerous thing.
- ...the psychology of friendsWe trawl our archive for insights into why friendship matters.
How teaching happens
The authors on seminal works in teaching and teacher effectiveness and what they mean in practice.
- The appDownload the free app and enjoy The Psychologist and Research Digest content all in one place, on your smartphone or tablet.
- Contribute to The PsychologistWe can help you share stories of research, practice and more.
- Advertise with usReach a huge audience of engaged readers!