History of Psychology Centre
Keeping history alive is crucial to the ongoing development of psychology. Preserving and documenting past discoveries and research allows rising stars to learn from past successes while continuing to develop the profession.
The History of Psychology Centre (HoPC) provides an academic research and resource centre in the history of psychology and, in support of its work, organises events and produces publications.
- Search Collections and archivesOur historical collections are currently held in several locations, you can search the catalogued material on our online catalogue.
- BPS's Founders, Fellows, Presidents, and MembersExplore information about the society's historical membership, including its founders, past presidents, and former fellows.
- History of the societyDiscover the professional, academic and institutional evolution of the society since it's formation in 1901.
- History of psychology eventsWe organise a variety of events and public engagement activities promoting the rich and varied history of psychology.
- PublicationsExplore publications focused on the historical origins and development of areas of psychological practice and research.