||Was originally founded in 1919 as one of the first three sections of the Society.
||Its membership had risen to 49 members, although this fell slightly to 44 in 1928.
||The membership suggested that the title of the section be changed from Industrial to Occupation and, under the Society's new Articles and By-Laws, the Industrial Section was rechristened as the Occupational Psychology Section in 1958.
||The BPS Council elected 131 founder members to the Division of Occupational Psychology, with the DOP officially coming into being on the 2nd of July, at which point it ran alongside the previously established Occupational Psychology Section.
||It was agreed that the DOP should be primarily concerned with professional matters, and the Occupational Section with scientific matters.
||The Division was reconstituted to include members of the former Occupational psychology section, and now covers both the professional and scientific aspects of occupational psychology.
The First DOP Committee consisted of:
||Professor Sylvia Shimmin (deceased)
Dr Alec Martin
Dr Edgar Anstey (deceased)
Dr R. B. Buzzard (deceased)
Mr Donald Wallis (deceased)
Mr D. C. Duncan (deceased)
Mrs S. M. Downs (deceased)
Professor Hywel Murrell (deceased)
Sources: BPS Annual reports.