Psychological Testing Centre Call for the role of Consultant Editors for the Test Reviews
The British Psychological Society is currently seeking expressions of interest for those who would like to be involved as a Consultant Editor for Test Reviews.
The British Psychological Society Psychological Testing Centre independently reviews tests that have been submitted by publishers and distributors in the UK across the disciplines of educational, forensic and occupational testing and tests used in a health and social care related setting.
All our reviews are independently reviewed in accordance with the EFPA Review Model on test reviewing.
If you are a Chartered Psychologist, have significant knowledge and practice in the use and construction of psychometric tests, hold entry on the Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU), and can work independently then please get in touch.
Overview of the role
The society’s Consultant Editors operate on behalf of the Committee on Test Standards (CTS) under the operational management of the Psychological Testing Centre (PTC) to provide professional, independent and evaluative reviews of psychological tests.
- Liaising with the Senior Editor in choosing appropriate independent reviewers
- Evaluating and amalgamating reviews undertaken by independent reviewers
- Working in partnership with the editorial team in making recommendations to the test review procedure and/or content.
- Handling occasional office queries from the public and members of the Society as necessary.
- Chartered Member of the Society
- Currently holding an entry on the Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU) or similar level qualification
- Significant knowledge and practice in the use and construction of psychometric tests
- Ability to build rapport with others and to work within a team setting.
- Ability and self-confidence to assert a position in a firm, yet non-confrontational manner
- Ability to persuade and convince others
- Evidence of working within the BPS or other professional bodies
- Experience of test reviewing
The post requires online and occasional in person meetings. Meetings held in person will take place at the BPS Leicester Office.
The Consultant Editor can expect to be financially compensated at sessional rates determined by the BPS (available on request).
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this post please contact [email protected] for a Statement of Interest form.
You will also need to submit a CV to accompany your application.
The deadline for applications is 05 May 2023.
Those who meet the required specification will be invited for interview week commencing 15 May 2023.
For general enquires about the role or to arrange an informal discussion please email: [email protected].