Sections Meetings and Events Support Fund
This fund is available to support Section meetings or events between the values of £100-£1000. These include (but are not limited to) enhancing existing meetings (e.g. international speaker expenses, virtual meeting software, networking tools, meeting materials) or fully supporting a new research meeting or workshop.
The fund is flexible to help our Sections to advance research, develop networks, foster the next generation of researchers and champion Psychology. This may include via virtual means during an event such as the Covid-19 pandemic.
You may submit an application at any time. Please ensure you submit an application in plenty of time ahead of your event/meeting.
If you encounter any issues when completing the application form, or require any further clarification, please email [email protected].
In order for us to consider an application, please note the following conditions:
- The virtual event/meeting must be supported by the Section Committee
- The virtual event/meeting must include a range of participants, or be aimed at a broad audience, including postgraduate and early career psychologists
- You must fully complete and send an application form
You must provide the following information:
- Title of the event/meeting
- The amount of money requested and an estimated breakdown of expenses.
- Details of any other sources of funding (e.g. the Department, own income, Research Council, other organisation etc.)
- A supporting narrative statement of no more than 500 words, detailing how the project advances research, develops networks, fosters the next generation of researchers and champions Psychology. The narrative should also outline any legacy of the event and address accessibility and sustainability.
- A supporting statement from the Chair of the Section that they are fully supportive of the proposed meeting/event.
If your application is successful, we will pay the funds directly into to your Network account. You must ensure that this is allocated in accordance with the breakdown of expenses set out in the application.
The Section must provide the Board with an end of event/meeting report no more than 3 months after completion of the meeting/event.