Postgraduate Study Visit Scheme
This grant is available to assist psychology postgraduate students to undertake a study visit to another institution.
The aim of the scheme is to support students in gaining skills directly relevant to their research training, beyond that required for the completion of their doctoral degree.
The scheme does not cover costs for attendance at a conference to present a paper
Grant are available to support a visit of a maximum of six weeks as follows:
- Up to £500 to visit an institution in the UK
- Up to £800 to visit an institution in Europe
- Up to £1,200 to visit an institution elsewhere in the world
Scheme open date: 08 April 2024
Scheme close date: 09 June 2024
- You must be at least a Graduate Members of the Society
- You must be registered at a UK institution for a doctoral degree in psychology e.g. PhD or taught practitioner doctorates (DClinPsy etc.). Those on Masters Courses are not eligible.
How to apply
Please follow the link below to access and complete the application form.
Please note: you can only submit one bursary application per round.
Application forms should include the following:
- What you hope to gain from the visit that you do not expect to gain from your home institution.
- The amount of money requested and an estimated breakdown of expenses
- Details of sources of funding for your PhD/Doctorate and any other funding that you have sourced to support the proposed visit (e.g. the Department, own income, Research Council, other organisation etc.)
- We are unable to consider retrospective applications i.e. for visits prior to the closing date.
Additional Information Required
- A supporting statement from your doctoral supervisor.
- A supporting statement in the form of a letter from the proposed host institution.
- A copy of your current CV.
- As the grant holder, you will be fully responsible for the use of the funds and for making the practical arrangements for the visit. As part of the conditions of the award, you should let us know the exact date of the visit once you have finalised all arrangements.
Please note that the grant must be claimed within 12 months of the date of the award.
Should any extension to the duration of the award be required, a written request to the Board Chair will be needed.
If you encounter any issues when completing the application form, or require any further clarification, please email [email protected].