The Division of Counselling Psychology promotes the interests of Counselling Psychologists across the UK.
Our mission is to advance the profession of Counselling Psychology in promoting the well-being of our diverse society, and we support our members by providing training, advice, events and news designed to keep them informed and involved.
- Be reflective scientist-practitioners
- Work creatively, compassionately and collaboratively
- Work ethically and effectively
The Division of Counselling Psychology is committed to:
- Equality of access to resources, research, education and training
- Fairness, equality and social justice
- Leading and influencing the design and delivery of innovative policies and services
- Meeting the psychological needs of people
Division of Counselling Psychology Executive Committee HandbookShow content
Executive Committee Handbook - currently under review
Strategic Plan 2017-2020Show content
You must be signed-in to access the following material
The key objective of the division's strategic plan are:
- Attract new members and broaden our membership.
- Develop our organisation to support change.
- Develop the psychological knowledge and professional skills of our members.
- Increase the visibility of psychology and public awareness of its contribution to society.
- Maximise the impact of psychology on public policy.
- Promote the advancement in psychological knowledge and practice.
Division of Counselling Psychology - COP26: Statement of SupportShow content
COP26, the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference, is being held in Glasgow from 31 October to 12 November.
As counselling psychologists, we know that the environment has a critical impact on people’s physical and psychological wellbeing and join other allied professions in supporting the delegates attending this most important of meetings.