International Conference Symposium Scheme
This grant unlocks funding for BPS Member Networks to host a symposium at an international conference.
Grants range from £1,500 - £3,500 and the initiative helps the BPS to showcase UK psychology to international audiences.
In recognition of the continued possibility of restrictions on holding physical events, we have extended the criteria for the scheme to both physical and online events.
Each grant provides funding to contribute towards the costs of registration (for both physical and online events) and travel and accommodation (for physical events only) for the symposium convenor/moderator and symposium panellists to participate in the symposium.
- The Member Network needs to have a symposium accepted or submitted as part of the programme for the conference.
- A symposium is defined as a collection of papers on a particular subject with a number of contributors (normally more than 2), and a discussant/co-ordinator. Individual papers or workshops are not accepted.
- We ask the Chair of the Member Network(s) to confirm their support for an application under this scheme in the application.
- Each participant in the symposium needs to be at least a Graduate Member of the society, and a member of the relevant Member Network.
- The Research Board is keen to support the participation of early career researchers within the scheme and welcomes their participation within the symposium.
- We ask successful applicants to acknowledge the support of the British Psychological Society in their symposium and we can provide a suitable logo to help with this.
This is a biannual scheme, with deadlines usually in May and November each year.
2024 May Applications
- Scheme open date: 04 March 2024
- Scheme close date: 12 May 2024
2024 November Applications
- Scheme open date: 16 September 2024
- Scheme close date: 03 November 2024
How to apply
The deadline for all applications is Sunday 12 May 2024.