Breaking Boundaries: The beginnings of the BPS Faculty of Primary Care
- BPS updates
This informative online event aims to engage attendees with the Faculty’s potential and opportunities for the future.
- Dr Amra Rao (DCP Faculty Leads Chair) Co-Host
- Dr Christine Curle (DCP CPD and Membership Lead) Co-host
- Dr Sarah Meekin (Division of Clinical Psychology (DCP) Northern Ireland Branch Chair)
- Dr Kirstie McClatchey (Division of Health Psychology (DHP) Representative)
- Dr Masrita Ishaq (Division of Counselling Psychology (DCoP) Representative)
This first webinar will include discussions on:
- Informing people of who we are, what is being launched and when.
- How the faculty has the potential of influencing wider national agendas as well as BPS higher level priorities - including cross divisional working/ EDI/ parity of mental and physical health / influencing national health sector policies via key links with external stakeholders/ community transformation agendas across health sector/ making services more trauma informed etc.
- Opportunities for wider membership engagement.
- Opportunities for more publications, national policy and professional development.
- Opportunities to link with broader primary care community; what can psychology offer across the life span.
- Opportunities to showcase psychology to other professionals working in primary care and to clarify where the workforce is/ sits.
- Opportunities to explore psychodynamic systemic therapies in relation to services in primary care.
- Opportunities to link up with ICBs and engage with regional and local communities.
- Think of how we can work with GPs and how to make primary care services more psychologically minded, value led and trauma informed.
- Opportunities to for wider funding.
- Engage and involve specialist areas and internal networks.
- Build key links to the (SAPC) Society for Academic Primary Care.
- Build key links with The British Society for Lifestyle Medicines .
More information to come soon.
How to attend
This event will be held online via Zoom.