Authentic leadership development: The courage to lead (BPS Learn)
- Careers and employment
Please note, this event runs from 2pm to 4.30pm, not as advertised above
This highly interactive webinar will answer your questions and give you the strategies and support you need to develop your personal Authentic Leadership style further.
Driven by passion and purpose, Authentic Leaders combine self-awareness and personal courage with ethical decision-making and compassion to deliver successful, sustainable and meaningful results’.
This webinar will continue your journey to becoming your authentic self and lead in those ways that are most meaningful for you and those you lead.
Highly interactive and engaging, and using the wordclouds, thoughts and ideas generated by participants on the previous webinar, this webinar will be partly driven by you, the participants; taking a deeper dive into those questions and issues that interest you most regarding your authentic leadership and how to develop it further.
This webinar is for anyone who has an interest in authenticity or authentic leadership; either for themselves or in a supportive capacity for people they work with. In other words, it’s relevant for all areas of psychology and is not limited to those people who are working in the field of occupational psychology. It is particularly relevant for those people who want to develop their own Authentic Leadership capabilities.
By purchasing this webinar you are consenting to your details (first and last name and your email address) to be shared with the presenter so they can send you the links to the three profiling tools that will be used in the webinar (see ‘preparing for the webinar’, item 2 in the section below).
Preparing for the webinar
- When you register, you will find a two hour webinar recording to watch in your ‘materials box/ on BPS Learn to watch prior to the webinar. This is essential in preparing for this leadership development session.
- You will also have the opportunity to complete the following three assessments completely free of charge:
- The self-assessment part of the UK’s only Authentic Leadership 360
- An online strengths assessment
- An online self-awareness questionnaire.
A pre-webinar questionnaire and links to the three online assessments will be sent to everyone registered two weeks prior to the webinar. They will be used within the webinar to support your personal Authentic Leadership journey.
- This is an intensive session for a maximum of 20 people. Breakout rooms will be used as well as using word clouds.
- Please make sure you undertake the preparatory work prior to the webinar (see above and in the ‘programme tab’).
- If you find you are unable to book a place because it is fully booked, please contact [email protected] if you’d like to join a waiting list.
- A zoom link and password to join the webinar will be sent out one hour prior to the webinar to everyone who registers.
- This webinar will not be available as a recording afterwards.
- For more information, email [email protected]
For you to:
- Explore your personal leadership journey.
- Consider how your beliefs and values support your authentic leadership.
- Identify and discuss those things you are passionate about and how these things give your life meaning and make you who you are.
- Reflect on when you are your ‘best self’ and how stress, pressure or overwhelm affect and effect your thinking, subsequent behaviours and sense of self. Identifying strategies for you to return to or even better, remain your ‘best self’, more of the time.
- Hear about those situations and circumstances that other leaders find difficult/challenging at work and explore strategies to manage or resolve them.
- Explore how your key strengths support you in your leadership role.
- Add to and continue your Personal Action Plan for your Authentic Leadership development.
Presenter: Dr Fiona Beddoes-Jones CPsychol
Dr Fiona Beddoes-Jones is a Chartered Psychologist and active member of the Division of Occupational Psychology where she was Co-Chair for the annual DOP Conference in 2017 and 2018. An experienced facilitator and presenter, Fiona has more than 25 years’ experience of designing and delivering learning and development events.
She is well-published from both academic and practitioner perspectives and is considered to be a ‘Thought Leader’ in the field of leadership and leadership development. She completed her doctoral research into Authentic Leadership in 2013.
|Price||£198.00 (£ 165.00 + VAT)|
|Society member||£118.80 (£99.00 + VAT)|
1. Online bookings will close at 14:00 on 22 September 2022.
2. A Zoom link to join the webinar will be sent to everyone registered one hour before the webinar starts.
To register for the webinar you need to sign into your BPS user account or create a new account by clicking the ‘create an account’ button. When signed in, click the ‘register’ button to book your place.