Apply to run a BPS training course in test use
Find out how to run a BPS training course.
BPS training courses in test use are run by BPS Verified Assessors, who:
- are Chartered Members of the society
- hold a BPS qualification in Test Use in the relevant Test User level
- are current members of the Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU)
If you meet the above criteria, you can apply to become a BPS Verified Assessor by going through the following verification process.
All relevant documents appear in the documentation section at the bottom of this page.
- Prepare your training course assessment materials and model answers using the relevant Guidance for Assessor form(s) to guide you
- Send the completed Assessors Application Form for New Applicants to the Psychological Testing Centre (PTC) to the team
- The PTC will issue you with an invoice for the relevant verification fee (see Assessors Schedule of Fees document)
- On payment of the fee, you will be allocated two BPS Verifiers. (Verifiers review applicants’ assessment materials to ensure that they meet all of the BPS qualification competency standards)
- Send copies of your assessment materials, model answers and completed Guidance for Assessor form(s) to your Verifiers
- Meet with your Verifiers to discuss your assessment materials and any changes required
- Make any changes required to your materials
On completion of the verification process you will be awarded BPS Verified Assessor status with the ability to affirm test users’ competence to receive the BPS qualifications in test use. The verification lasts for a period of five years at which point it may be renewed.
For full details of how to become a BPS Verified Assessor, and for an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of Verified Assessors, Delegated Assessors and Verifiers, view the Assessors' Handbook.
The Assessors Handbook is a key reference guide for BPS Verified Assessors which contains an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of Verified Assessors, Delegated Assessors and Verifiers, detailed information on the application process to become a BPS Verified Assessor and a glossary of terms.
New applicants applying for the first time to become Verified Assessors should fill in the Assessors Application Form for New Applicants.
Guidance for Assessors forms
The Guidance for Assessors forms describe the competencies associated with each of the BPS qualifications in test use. These forms should be used to indicate how each competency is assessed in your assessment materials.
This form should be completed by new applicants and by Verified Assessors.
Educational Qualifications in Test Use
- Assistant Test User: Educational Test Administration
- Test User: Educational, Ability/Attainment (CCET)
Forensic Qualifications in Test Use
Occupational Qualifications in Test Use
- Assistant Test User: Occupational Test Administration
- Test User: Occupational (Ability)
- Test User: Occupational, Personality
- Specialist in Test Use: Occupational
Verified Assessors who wish to introduce delegated assessment, change their existing delegated assessment practices, or wish to nominate new delegated Assessors should fill in the Statement of Delegated Assessment form.
BPS Verified Assessors who wish to apply to have one or more Assistant Assessors should fill in the Assistant Assessor Application form. More information about the Assistant Assessor grade can be found in the document The Assistant Assessor Grade.
Assessor's Schedule of fees
The Assessor’s Schedule of Fees outlines the fees payable for verification, quality assurance and reconfirmation.
If you have any enquiries relating to verification, please contact us.