The British Psychological Society promotes excellence and ethical practice in the science, education and practical applications of psychology.
We aim to:
• be the learned society and professional body for the discipline
• make psychology accessible to all
• promote and advance the discipline
• be the authoritative and public voice of psychology
• determine and ensure the highest standards in all we do.
We do this by:
• Increasing the awareness and influence of psychology in society
• Raising standards of education, training and practice
• Recognising excellence in the science and practice of psychology
• Setting standards in psychological testing
• Preserving and recognising the history of psychology