The Professional Practice Board (PPB) reports to and advises the Board of Trustees on policy, applied research, the submission of evidence to public or private bodies and other matters relating to the application of psychological science.
Professional Practice Board
Its main responsibilities are:
- To consider how the knowledge of psychology is and can be applied by practitioner psychologists.
- To consult and advise on the advancement and diffusion of areas of application and standards of practice.
- To promulgate and promote the efficient, effective and competent application of psychology across practitioner contexts.
- To provide guidance and advice to Members in the pursuit of excellent psychological practice.
To contact the Policy Advisor please email [email protected]
Through its activities, the PPB aims to establish, promote and support best practice in the delivery of psychological services.
Task and Finish Groups:
- Electronic Records
- Prescribing Rights for Psychologists
- Recruitment by Competence
- Sexual Gender and Relationship Diversity
Council for Work and Health:
The Society is an integral member of the Council for Work and Health, a not-for-profit company bringing together professional bodies that represent staff delivering health and wellbeing staff.
The Council provides an authoritative and representative 'single voice' on health and wellbeing issues and provides an opportunity for coordinated and integrated working on all issues impacting on health and wellbeing services in addition to facilitating information sharing to promote service improvement.
To find out more about the Council for Work and Health click here to visit their website.
|Date||Time||Location||Deadline for Agenda Items|
|Friday 08th June||11:00 - 15:00||London||25th May|
|Friday 19th October||11:00 - 15:00||London||05th October|