What will we do in 2024?
We’ll be integrating the strategy into our ways of working over the course of this year - and we hope it emerges in the work that we do to represent and support our members
Building a world where psychology transforms lives
A fresh, modern and inspiring new strategy is something that we have been working towards as an organisation for some time, and I’m thrilled that we’ve finally been able to share this vision with members. We’ll be integrating the strategy into our ways of working over the course of this year, and I hope that you can see it emerge in the work that we do to represent and support you as members
Sarb Bajwa - BPS Chief Executive
For Community we will
- Evolve our wider workforce strategy to welcome new associate members
- Develop our technology to support connections between our members
- Increase our support for members with careers information, advice and guidance
For Champion we will
- Co-create and engage members in raising awareness if the value of psychology through a new major campaign Psychology Matters.
- Develop and implement a Standards of Evidence Framework to provide rigour and quality to the evidence used in our outputs
- Implement new robust entry and CPD requirements across our registers to make the fit for purpose for the future
For Confidence we will
- Continue our efforts to reach the heart of government to increase the role of psychology in policy making
- We will extend out network of partners and build stronger relationships to enable greater collaboration
- Re-imagine our consultation process, enabling more members to play a key role in embedding psychological evidence into the policies that affect our daily lives.
For Cultivate we will
- Embed the use of timely, relevant, accurate data to better identify our members needs and preferences
- Redesign our customer service and member support services to enhance user experience
- Encourage participation from our diverse membership and embed the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in our products, services and ways of working