EDI Board - Members
We are seeking members of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Board.
This new strategic board will take an intersectional approach to champion EDI through shared best practice, events and learning opportunities aimed at increasing knowledge, understanding and proactive EDI delivery to challenge bias and discrimination.
The board will support and advise trustees in the implementation of strategic EDI initiatives and measures across the society aimed at improving access, representation and inclusion.
Applications are invited from members who can evidence two or more of the following criteria:
- Experience of sitting on strategic and/or scrutiny boards or committees, either within the BPS or through external bodies.
- Experience of proactive EDI related work either within BPS or through external bodies.
- Experience of policy development, EDI training and/or law in relation to EDI and Human Rights.
- Experience or desire to challenge and change EDI practice and outcomes across psychology.
- Knowledge and experience of EDI and Human Rights work in relation to psychological practice.
- Experience of academic research or teaching in relation to EDI and psychological practice.
- Experience and knowledge of EDI in psychological practice gained through holding one or more protected characteristics.
- Experience of working in partnership strategically with the other boards across the BPS
It is also critical that applicants;
- Possess the ability to scrutinise and think strategically about Equality Diversity and Inclusion in the light of the rapid development and diversification of the discipline.
- Possess the creativity, time and resilience to play a crucial role in shaping the work of Equality Diversity & Inclusion across the society as a whole.
How to apply
Please contact [email protected] for a guide to applying along with the terms of reference and role description.
If you would like to have an informal conversation on the role before applying please contact [email protected]
The closing date for applications for the role is 31 August 2022.
Selection will take place against the set criteria week commencing the 12 September 2022. Successful candidates will be required to be a member of the society.
We particularly welcome Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, disabled, LGBTQ+ applicants as these groups are currently under-represented in our committees and boards.