Joint Postgraduate Award with the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology
This Grant scheme creates the opportunity for postgraduate psychologists to be seconded to the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology for thirteen weeks.
This grant allows the successful applicant to support the creation of psychology-related briefing materials for MPs and peers.
The BPS will provide funding to cover the Fellow’s PhD stipend maintenance grant, travel, and relocation or care costs, up to a total of £6000.
Self-funded PhD students will receive funding equivalent to the stipend maintenance grant rate set by the Economic, Social and Research Council.
This scheme runs annually with deadlines usually in March/April.
- Scheme Open date: 08 January 2024
- Scheme Close date: 10 March 2024
Please note that application criteria and eligibility could be subject to change.
Any changes will be applied when the scheme is open to application.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be a postgraduate student registered for a doctoral degree in a psychology-related subject e.g. PhD/MPhil or taught practitioner doctorates (DClinPsy etc.) at a UK Higher Education Institute
- be in their penultimate or final year of part- or full-time study at the time of the start of their placement at POST
- be at least a Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society
How to apply
Please follow the link below to access and complete the application form.
To help you prepare the supporting documents that will need to be attached, prior to completing the form, please consult the application guidance.
Applications will open soon
Contact the Awards and Grants team at [email protected] with any other questions or queries.
Please note: we cannot accept late applications.