London and Home Counties Branch
The London & Home Counties Branch has circa 15,000 members and is the largest member network within the BPS.
The branch committee largely organises talks, networking events and conferences. One of the most important activities we organise is a series of career talks by established practitioners.
The region is home to psychologists working in many of the UK’s top universities, hospitals, companies and charities as well as the government. Our geographical boundaries are somewhat idiosyncratic, covering most but not all of Greater London, and extending outside the M25 to Kent, eastern Berkshire, and southern parts of Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. Most of our events are held in the BPS Offices in London but we also run events in hubs at the University of Hertfordshire, the University of Kent and in Windsor.
Broadly the committee is focused on providing services for members:
- Continuing professional development for practitioners (and researchers), working in conjunction with the BPS divisions. This means presentations on best practice and relevant research
- Events to increase the public awareness of psychology
- Help for students (mainly in navigating their way along the career path, not necessarily within traditional psychology routes, but also offering support for students and trainee psychologists)
- Networking, to enable members from different disciplines to meet
- Social media to open up communication channels between the committee and members, and between members
- Support for BPS policy initiatives
BPS London and Home Counties Newsletters
- London and Home Counties Branch Newsletter - October 2022
- London and Home Counties Branch Newsletter - April 2022
- London and Home Counties Branch Newsletter - January 2022
- London and Home Counties Branch Newsletter - October 2021
- London and Home Counties Branch Newsletter - August 2021
- London and Home Counties Branch Newsletter - June 2021
- London and Home Counties Branch Newsletter - March 2021
- London and Home Counties Branch Newsletter - January 2021
Chair: Silvia Gerea
Chair Elect: -
Past Chair: Lloyd Emeka
Honorary Treasurer: Vacant
Honorary Secretary: Vacant
Newsletter Editors: Kate Telfer/ Sophie Young ([email protected])
- Irina Roncaglia
- Meryem Meral Cilaci
- Olga Cecilia Farach
- Donald Ridley
ATP Representative: Lyndsey Hayes
When you join the BPS you are automatically made a member of your local branch.
The London and Home Counties Branch of the BPS covers the following areas/postcodes:
- St Albans (AL)
- Bromley (BR)
- Canterbury (CT)
- Dartford (DA)
- London, Eastern (E1-E99)
- London, Eastern Central (EC)
- Enfield (EN)
- Harrow (HA)
- Hemel Hempstead (HP)
- Ilford (IG)
- Luton (LU)
- Medway (ME)
- London, Northern (N1-N99)
- London, North Western (NW)
- Romford (RM)
- London, South Eastern (SE)
- Slough (SL)
- London, South Western (SW)
- Tonbridge (TN)
- Twickenham (TW)
- London, Western (W1-W99)
- London, Western Central (WC)
- Watford (WD)
- Southall, Middlesex (UB)
Benefits of belonging
The London & Home Counties Branch uses its membership announcement email list to inform its members of activities and initiatives that are relevant to their interests and to make requests for engagement on topical issues.
By becoming a member of the Branch you are automatically added to the announcement list.
To receive these emails you will need to:
- become a member of the London & Home Counties Branch
- opt into receiving email communication and provide a working email address
These preferences can be updated by logging into your member portal.
If you have any queries, please contact Member Network support - London and Home Counties Branch.
To assist us in responding to your query please make sure to include your membership number and quote 'BPS LHC announcement email' in the subject line.
The London & Home Counties Branch relies on a wide range of people getting involved, and the work of the Branch is largely achieved through the dedication of unpaid volunteers.
Our volunteers come from a wide range of different backgrounds, whether they be practitioners or academics, or full members or in-training members, and together form an open and inclusive community.
If you would like to volunteer to help run events organised by the Branch. Please get in contact with the London and Home Counties Branch.