Formerly known as the Postdoctoral Study Visit Scheme, this Research Board scheme provides grants to enable early career researchers and lecturers to undertake a study visit to another institution.
The scheme is aimed at supporting postdoctoral researchers and lecturers to acquire skills directly relevant to their research/lecturing.
The applicant must be employed at a UK institution as a postdoctoral researcher/lecturer and be within ten years of the completion of their doctoral research degree in psychology.
All applicants must be a member of the British Psychological Society.
Six awards, two in each of the following categories, are available each year:
- Up to £500 to visit an institution in the UK
- Up to £800 to visit an institution in Europe
- Up to £1200 to visit an institution elsewhere in the world
How to Apply
The following documentation should be sent to the Society:
- an application form, available from the Board Administrator
- a supporting statement from the applicant’s Head of Department
- a supporting statement from the proposed host institution
- a copy of the applicant’s current CV
Please note: the grant scheme is currently closed. The 2019 round will open in April.