The inquiry will investigate what impact public spending has had on the provision of care services, and the approaches local authorities have taken in addressing funding constraints.
It will consider how financial support for children’s services can be made more sustainable in the short and long term, and examine the potential for innovative approaches to the design and delivery of services.
The Committee is inviting submissions on:
- Is the funding for local authorities’ children’s services sufficient to enable local authorities to fulfil their statutory duties?
- What are the financial challenges for local authorities’ in providing non-statutory services?
- How can funding for children’s services be made more sustainable in the short and long term?
- How can innovative approaches to the design and delivery of children’s services support financial sustainability?
Further information regarding the inquiry
If you are interested in leading or contributing to this consultation please contact [email protected].
The deadline for responses is Friday the 07th of December 2018.
- The Society will only produce ONE response to any consultation.
- Any response that goes under the Society logo MUST be signed off by the relevant Board Chair and Branch Chair in the case of Devolved Nations.
- Responses on behalf of particular Divisions / Faculties /Member Networks are not permitted under any circumstances.
- Please do refer to the British Psychological Society Consultation Processes document which is attached before writing and sending any comments
- Please ensure that all comments are based on Published Evidence and not solely on Clinical opinion