People should expect to receive the same high quality service from the health and social care organisations that support them, regardless of their condition, geographical location or individual circumstances.
In 2009, NHS Quality Improvement Scotland (Healthcare Improvement Scotland’s predecessor organisation) developed standards for neurological health services.
In May 2016, the Scottish Government supported Healthcare Improvement Scotland’s commitment to review the 2009 standards.
Concurrently, Sue Ryder published a report highlighting that the standards had not been universally implemented across NHSScotland, which had led to a variation in care for people with neurological conditions.
Following this, we are currently developing revised general standards for neurological care and support and have produced a set of draft general standards for consultation.
If you are interested in leading or contributing to this consultation please contact [email protected].
The deadline for responses is Friday the 07th of December.
- The Society will only produce ONE response to any consultation.
- Any response that goes under the Society logo MUST be signed off by the relevant Board Chair and Branch Chair in the case of Devolved Nations.
- Responses on behalf of particular Divisions / Faculties /Member Networks are not permitted under any circumstances.
- Please do refer to the British Psychological Society Consultation Processes document which is attached before writing and sending any comments
- Please ensure that all comments are based on Published Evidence and not solely on Clinical opinion