SGCP Peer Practice Groups
Our SGCP Peer Practice Groups in Coaching Psychology bring our members together to share information and ideas, and support each other in the appropriate use of psychology in coaching.
This initiative is open to all SGCP members, some of whom may not have a formal psychology background (i.e. do not have the Graduate Membership status that is recognised by the BPS).
However, we would expect that all participants would draw on and/or be interested in developing psychological underpinnings in their coaching practice.
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Practice Host or Co-Host, or in joining a group please email Member Network Services.
Main Aims of SGCP Peer Practice GroupsShow content
To promote the development of coaching psychology through:
- creating a local community of members, supporting them to develop their coaching psychology practice and engage in peer supervision
- discussing and sharing ideas about research and encouraging participation in and support for research projects
- promoting the application of appropriate ethical standards and guidelines
- providing clarity to members regarding the expected standards of a coaching psychologist (as set out in the SGCP Standards Framework for Coaching Psychology, May 2008)
- providing the opportunity to gain input from a peer group about specific issues of interest/concern
- providing the opportunity for members to develop their standards as a coaching psychologist through practice and discussion with peers in a safe environment
- supporting the interests of members of the SGCP as they relate to coaching psychology
Active SGCP GroupsShow content
Host: Gina Burns
Cost: Only charge for refreshments if meeting in a hotel
Edinburgh / Glasgow
Hosts: Coretta Barry and Laura Kinsler
Meeting: Every 2 months, various locations, can also join via Skype
Cost: Please contact host.
Host: Dr Esmoreit Sleyster
Meeting: 4-6 times a year, depending on interest, various locations around East Sussex.
Cost: Minimal, to cover for catering only.
Hosts: Michele Williamson and Nick Shannon
Meeting: Every other month, Westminster Business School, 35 Marylebone Road (NW1 5LS).
Cost: No cost. Bring your own refreshments
Hosts: Margaret Macafee - Peer Practice Group Co-Ordinator and Nick Kapoutzis
Meeting: Every 3 months, Imperial College London, Level 5, Sheffield Building, London, SW7 2AZ
Hosts: Tony Fusco and Sally Denham-Vaughan
Meeting: Various locations, please contact host.
North East/ Durham/ Newcastle
Host: Dr Penny Johnson
Meeting: Every 2-3 months, Durham Marriot Hotel.
Host: Judit Varkonyi-Sepp
Meeting: Various, please contact host.
Cost: We will share the cost of venue and refreshments as appropriate.