The Special Group in Coaching Psychology supports coaching psychologists, coaches, individual clients and organisations who are interested in learning more about coaching psychology and coaching services.
Membership of the Special groups is open to members of the British Psychological Society.
If you are not already a member you can join the Special Group in Coaching Psychology at the same time as applying for membership of the Society.
There are two grades of special group membership:
For Graduate or Chartered Members.
For Society members with a general or professional interest in Coaching Psychology not eligible for the above membership grade(s).
Benefits of Belonging
Benefits of SGCP membershipShow content
- Attend and present at conferences, symposia and workshops
- Be part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary network focussed around our common interest in supporting the achievement of human potential through the provision of coaching psychology services.
- Membership delegate rates at SGCP events, webinars and conferences
- Opportunities for non-psychologist coaches to engage with the psychological community of practice
- Periodic discounts arranged with other related event organisers and publishers
- Receive two regular Coaching Psychology Publications: The Coaching Psychologist (TCP) and The International Coaching Psychology Review (ICPR).
Member Announcement Email ListShow content
The Special Group in Coaching Psychology uses its membership announcement email list to inform its members of activities and initiatives that are relevant to their interests and to make requests for engagement on topical issues.
By becoming a member of the Special Group you are automatically added to the announcement list.
To receive these emails you will need to:
- become a member of the Special Group in Coaching Psychology
- opt into receiving email communication and provide a working email address
These preferences can be updated by logging into your BPS website account.
If you have any queries, please contact Member Network Services.
To assist us in responding to your query please make sure to include your membership number and quote 'Special Group in Coaching Psychology announcement email' in the subject line.
Getting involved with the SGCPShow content
The Special Group in Coaching Psychology relies on a wide range of people getting involved, and the work of the Division is largely achieved through the dedication of unpaid volunteers.
Our volunteers come from a wide range of different backgrounds, whether they be practitioners or academics, or full members or in-training members, and together form an open and inclusive community.
For further information please contact Member Network Services