The Scottish Division of Educational Psychology represents the distinct context of Scotland with its own issues and practice, shaped by separate legislation and policy setting mechanism, and serves to communicate between practising psychologists in Scotland and The British Psychological Society.
Awards & Funding
The SDEP is committed to continuing professional development for all Educational Psychologists. As part of this commitment, the committee welcome applications for funding to undertake research and disseminate findings across the country.
Grants are available for SDEP members to support research and development within Educational Psychology in Scotland and to promote the activities of the SDEP. Grants can be up to £1000 however larger grants may be considered dependent on circumstances.
It is envisaged that SDEP funds will be used for grants to support cross authority research and/or conferences that would benefit the aims of the SDEP. Grants may be used to support research groups or conferences that would be of interest to SDEP members and to support activities that improve networking between SDEP members. Grants will not be approved where a request is seen to replace individual or service CPD budgets.
- Applicant must be a member of the SDEP.
- Costs must be transparent and appropriate.
- Financial viability must be clear (e.g. audience exists).
- SDEP membership should be encouraged (e.g. reduction in conference fee for SDEP members).
- The percentage of SDEP members involved should be made clear (e.g. ensure SDEP members attend from services across Scotland, dissemination of information to wider membership).
- The proposal fits with the SDEP aims and objectives. (The SDEP aims to promote and disseminate knowledge appropriate to the fields of educational psychology and to be concerned with all matters affecting the standards of professional competence, training and conduct of its members.)
- The proposal should promote and develop CPD within the wider profession of Educational Psychology.
- The SDEP support should be acknowledged in publicity and literature (e.g. flyers, conference reports, publications).
- There should be a clear benefit to the division and its members.
How to apply
You must be signed-in to access the following material
- Download the application form (member only)
- Submit the application to the SDEP Executive Committee Chair Alison Crawford
- Applications will be considered at executive meetings in February, May, August and November each year however if a quick decision is required this may be possible.
- Applicants will receive an acknowledgement of the request upon submission of the proposal and will be notified of the response shortly after the Executive have met.