The Qualitative Methods in Psychology Section is for anyone interested in qualitative approaches to psychology and its impact on theory, research and practice.
Awards & Funding
Advanced Career RecognitionShow content
QMiP champion those who have an advanced track record in work underpinned by qualitative theory, research and/or practice by nominating them and their work for competitive awards, invitations of esteem and key commissions of trust.
In the past the QMiP committee have recommended qualitative psychlogists for keynote speeches at BPS conferences, including the BPS Annual and QMiP conferences. Also, we have nominated qualitative psychologists for markers of esteem such as Fellowship of the Academy of Social Sciences and BPS awards.
Undergraduate DissertationShow content
Citations for Excellence in Undergraduate Qualitative Research
QMiP want to celebrate a wide range of qualitative theory, research and practice. QMiP welcomes nominations from members for undergraduate students who have completed an excellent dissertation in qualitative psychology.
- No more than two nominations per course in any given year (in the case of more than two nominations, QMiP will expect the nominators to agree which should be nominated between them)
- QMiP want to hear from our members about what they think is excellent, so a strong nomination statement is vital.
- Student (nominee) must be on a Society accredited undergraduate course
- The nomination (through the dissertation abstract and nomination statement) must make clear how the excellence in the dissertation is underpinned by qualitative theory and by either qualitative research or practice.
- The nominator must be a QMiP member.
Guidance for nominations
You will need the following information
- BPS membership number (if applicable)
- BPS membership number
Key achievements of nominee (1000 words in narrative format) - please enter the nomination statement in this field including thesis title and abstract
The nomination statement should outline the excellence in the dissertation drawing particular attention:
- How independently the student worked
- How the project is underpinned by qualitative research or practice
- How the project is underpinned by qualitative theory
- Whether the project has utilised qualitative research methods in an innovative way
Supporting documentary evidence - please include Course name, institution, graduation date and official results date
The nomination statement should outline the excellence in the dissertation and how it is underpinned by qualitative research, theory and/or practice
16 June of every year
Due to the current Covid-19 situtation the deadline has been extended for this year year to the 31 July
How to apply
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of QMiP committee members.