The Psychotherapy Section is the main forum for psychologists and others who share an interest in psychotherapeutic psychology.
Membership of the Section is open to members of the British Psychological Society.
If you are already a member of the Society and you wish to join the Section, send the following details to [email protected]
- Membership Number
- Name of Member Network you would like to join
- Grade of Member Network membership you are applying for
Your membership record will be updated and payment taken as per your current payment arrangements.
There are two grades of Section membership:
For Graduate or Chartered Members and Subscribers (Affiliate or e-Subscriber)
For Student Members or Members under Rule 15(ii) or 22(b)
If you are not already a member, you can join the Section at the same time as applying for membership of the society:
Benefits of Belonging
Benefits of Psychotherapy Section MembershipShow content
- A yearly conference and AGM
- CPD & networking events throughout the year with a discount for section members
- The opportunity for members to write for the Psychotherapy Section Review or present a research paper at one of the events
- Two to three editions yearly of the Psychotherapy Section Review, to include articles on topical issues and research
- Various forums for discussion and exchange of ideas among fellow psychologists and mental health professionals
Member Announcement Email ListShow content
The Psychotherapy Section uses its membership announcement email list to inform its members of activities and initiatives that are relevant to their interests and to make requests for engagement on topical issues.
By becoming a member of the Section you are automatically added to the announcement list.
To receive these emails you will need to:
- become a member of the Psychotherapy Section
- opt into receiving email communication and provide a working email address
These preferences can be updated by logging into your BPS website account.
If you have any queries, please contact Member Network Services.
To assist us in responding to your query please make sure to include your membership number and quote 'Psychotherapy Section announcement email' in the subject line.
Getting involved with the Psychotherapy Section CommitteeShow content
The Psychotherapy Section relies on a wide range of people getting involved, and the work of the Section is largely achieved through the dedication of unpaid volunteers.
Our volunteers come from a wide range of different backgrounds, whether they be practitioners or academics, or full members or students members, and together form an open and inclusive community.