The purpose of this section is to promote psychology in education and the interests of psychologists engaged in schools, further and higher education, child guidance and the wider community.
Its aims are:
- To offer advice to the Society on matters related to psychological aspects of education and the training of teachers.
- To promote the study and discussion of psychology in education.
- To provide a forum for the discussion and exchange of ideas among those interested in the psychological aspects of education.
- To stimulate research into matters related to the psychological aspects of education.
It achieves these aims in three ways:
- Communication of research findings.
- Development of policy on key issues affecting psychology and psychologists in education.
- Lively discussion of contemporary issues both scientific and professional.