The MSC Section aims to promote the advancement and diffusion of the use of mathematics, statistics and computing in psychology and to arrange conferences, meetings, lectures and discussions of special interest to psychologists working in the field.
Membership of the Section is open to members of the British Psychological Society.
If you are already a member of the Society and you wish to join the Section, send the following details to [email protected]
- Membership Number
- Name of Member Network you would like to join
- Grade of Member Network membership you are applying for
Your membership record will be updated and payment taken as per your current payment arrangements.
There are two grades of Section membership:
For Graduate or Chartered Members and Subscribers (Affiliate or e-Subscriber)
For Student Members or Members under Rule 15(ii) or 22(b)
If you are not already a BPS member, you can join the Section at the same time as applying for membership of the society:
Benefits of Belonging
Benefits of Mathematical Statistical and Computing Psychology Section MembershipShow content
- Access to awards and bursaries
- Advance notice and opportunity to input to the MSC Section Annual Scientific Meeting
- Contributing to policy consultation calls relevant to MSC Section
- Full access to the Section website
- Involvement in one or more of the MSC Section Topic Groups, which focus on specific section member interests, e.g. Quantitative Methods, Mixed Methods and Computer Use. Topic Groups are likely to develop and change, so you could help establish a new one
- News and updates via the Section’s announcement and discussion mail lists.
Member Announcement Email ListShow content
The Mathematical, Statistical and Computing Psychology Section uses its membership announcement email list to inform its members of activities and initiatives that are relevant to their interests and to make requests for engagement on topical issues.
By becoming a member of the Section you are automatically added to the announcement list.
To receive these emails you will need to:
- become a member of the Mathematical, Statistical and Computing Psychology Section
- opt into receiving email communication and provide a working email address
These preferences can be updated by logging into your BPS website account.
If you have any queries, please contact Member Network Services.
To assist us in responding to your query please make sure to include your membership number and quote 'Mathematical, Statistical and Computing Psychology Section announcement email' in the subject line.
Member Discussion Email ListShow content
The Mathematical Statistical and Computing Psychology Section has a discussion list.
To join the discussion list you will need to be:
- a member of the Mathematical Statistical and Computing Psychology Section
- opted into receiving email communication from the Society (you can change your preference by logging onto your account via the BPS website)
If you wish to join the Mathematical Statistical and Computing Psychology Section Member Discussion List, please email Member Network Services quoting ‘Mathematical, Statistical and Computing Psychology Section Discussion List’ and your membership number in the subject line.
Getting involved with the Mathematical Statistical and Computing Psychology Section CommitteeShow content
The Mathematical Statistical and Computing Psychology Section relies on a wide range of people getting involved, and the work of the Section is largely achieved through the dedication of unpaid volunteers.
Our volunteers come from a wide range of different backgrounds, whether they be practitioners or academics, or full members or student members, and together form an open and inclusive community.