The History and Philosophy of Psychology Section provides an opportunity for those interested in the history of psychology or in the philosophical aspects of the subject to exchange ideas and promote the discussion of these interests.
Why should I join the History and Philosophy of Psychology Section?
Membership of the Section is open to members of the British Psychological Society.
If you are not already a member you can join at the same time as applying for membership of the Society.
There are two grades of Section membership:
For Graduate or Chartered Members and Subscribers (Affiliate or e-Subscriber)
For Student Members or Members under Rule 15(ii) or 22(b)
Benefits of Belonging
Benefits of History and Philosophy of Psychology Section MembershipShow content
- A copy of the History and Philosophy of Psychology publication
- Access to research funding, awards and bursaries (see website for details and application deadlines). Reduced registration rates to our annual conference, and to training and CPD events.
- Contributing to policy consultation calls relevant to developmental psychology.
- Full access to the Section website.
- Free electronic access to back issues of History and Philosophy of Psychology via the Society’s online shop.
- News and updates via the Section’s e-mail list.
Member Announcement Email ListShow content
The History and Philosophy of Psychology Section uses its membership announcement email list to inform its members of activities and initiatives that are relevant to their interests and to make requests for engagement on topical issues.
By becoming a member of the Section you are automatically added to the announcement list.
To receive these emails you will need to:
- become a member of the History and Philosophy of Psychology Section
- opt into receiving email communication and provide a working email address
These preferences can be updated by logging into your BPS website account.
If you have any queries, please contact Member Network Services.
To assist us in responding to your query please make sure to include your membership number and quote 'History and Philosophy of Psychology Section announcement email' in the subject line.
Getting involved with the History and Philosophy Psychology Section CommitteeShow content
The History and Philosophy Psychology Section relies on a wide range of people getting involved, and the work of the Section is largely achieved through the dedication of unpaid volunteers.
Our volunteers come from a wide range of different backgrounds, whether they be practitioners or academics, or full members or students members, and together form an open and inclusive community.