The Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology promotes the professional interests of sport and exercise psychologists in the UK and aims to support the development of psychology both as a profession and as a body of knowledge and skills.
Membership of the Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology is only open to members of the British Psychological Society.
If you are not already a member you can join the DSEP at the same time as applying for membership of the society.
There are three grades of divisional membership:
Full Divisional membership
For fully qualified psychologists who are eligible for Chartered Status.
In-training Divisional membership
For psychologists in-training who hold Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership and are working towards Chartered status and Full Divisional membership.
General Divisional membership
For members who are not currently eligible for the above grades, to join as a General Member.
|In Training Member||£15.00|
Benefits of Belonging
Benefits of DSEP MembershipShow content
Benefits of membership include:
- Access to high quality presentations, opportunities to present a paper or poster, and network at our annual DSEP conference at executive rates.
- Access to preferential rates for workshops, webinars and other CPD events.
- Access to the DSEP website which includes access to members only resources.
- For Stage Two students you will also have the opportunity to apply for two free workshops per year
- Innovative and focused sport and exercise psychology research working groups.
- Opportunity to apply for a number of awards including the: Early Practitioner award (£400 + conference fee paid for); PhD award (£400 + conference fee paid for); MSc award (£300 + conference fee paid for); HTA Whiting Under Graduate award (£200 + conference fee paid for); or Distinguished Contribution award (Bespoke gift + conference fee paid for).
- Regional hubs for applied Sport and Exercise Psychology practitioner development.
- The biannual Sport and Exercise Psychology Review (SEPR) publication.
- Up to £500 to support and develop training within your regional applied Sport and Exercise Psychology hub.
- Up to £1500 to support and develop your own working groups.
Member Announcement ListShow content
The Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology (DSEP) uses its membership announcement email list to inform its members of activities and initiatives that are relevant to their interests and to make requests for engagement on topical issues.
By becoming a member of the DSEP you are automatically added to the announcement list.
To receive these emails you will need to:
- become a member of the Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- opt into receiving email communications and provide a working email address
These preferences can be updated by logging into your BPS website account.
If you have any queries, please contact Member Network Services.
To assist us in responding to your query please make sure to include your membership number and quote 'DSEP announcement email' in the subject line.
Getting involved with the DSEP CommitteeShow content
The Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology relies on a wide range of people getting involved, and the work of the Division is largely achieved through the dedication of unpaid volunteers.
Our volunteers come from a wide range of different backgrounds, whether they be practitioners or academics, or full members or in-training members, and together form an open and inclusive community.
If you are interested in joining the Committee, you can apply by completing a Statement of Interest, found on our Members Online Resources area: