The purpose of the Division of Educational and Child Psychology is to promote the professional interests of educational and child psychologists and to develop psychology both as a profession and as a body of knowledge and skills.
Why should I join the Division of Educational and Child Psychology?
Membership of the Division is open to members of the British Psychological Society.
If you are not already a member you can join the Division of Educational and Child Psychology at the same time as applying for membership of the Society.
There are three grades of divisional membership:
Full Divisional membership
For fully qualified psychologists who are eligible for Chartered Status.
In-training Divisional membership
For psychologists in-training who hold Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership and are working towards Chartered status and Full Divisional membership.
General Divisional membership
For members of the Society who are not currently eligible for the above grades, to join as a General Member.
Benefits of Belonging
Benefits of Division of Education and Child Psychology MembershipShow content
- Access to a members only area of the DECP website with presentations and handouts from previous CPD events
- Access to news, guidance and resources
- A hard copy of DECP Debate, quarterly
- A hard copy of Educational and Child Psychology, quarterly
- Dedicated CPD events for trainee and newly qualified educational psychologists
- Discounts on CPD opportunities, books, and conferences hosted by the DECP
- Opportunities to contribute to and participate in the work of the DECP, raising awareness of children and young peoples’ psychological and learning needs
- Opportunities to publish and disseminate research through the division’s publications and conferences
- Opportunities for trainees to get involved as representatives and/or associates
- The opportunity to contribute to the promotion and development of the educational psychology profession
Member Announcement Email ListShow content
The Division of Educational and Child Psychology (DECP) uses its membership announcement email list to inform its members of activities and initiatives that are relevant to their interests and to make requests for engagement on topical issues.
By becoming a member of the DECP you are automatically added to the announcement list.
To receive these emails you will need to:
- become a member of the DECP
- opt into receiving email communication and provide a working email address
These preferences can be updated by logging into your BPS website account.
If you have any queries, please contact Member Network Services.
To assist us in responding to your query please make sure to include your membership number and quote 'DECP announcement email' in the subject line.
Getting Involved with the DECP CommitteeShow content
The Division of Education and Child Psychology relies on a wide range of people getting involved, and the work of the Division is largely achieved through the dedication of unpaid volunteers.
Our volunteers come from a wide range of different backgrounds, whether they be practitioners or academics, or full members or in-training members, and together form an open and inclusive community.
If you would like to apply to join the Committee, you can submit a Statement of Interest, found on our Members Online Resources area: