Do you have an interest in Communications- is so the DCP needs you!
Effective communications are essential for the DCP to be an effective organisation for our members, for the people we work with and for the wider public.
We already have a Comms subcommittee and want to expand the number of people to increase what we can achieve.
We are looking for people with commitment, energy and new, creative ideas to help us move forward and would love to welcome you to our group.
The Comms Subcommittee needs to be truly diverse in its composition and to have members at all levels of their careers.
You do not need to have experience in this field - the aim is for the subcommittee to be a dynamic and supportive team with shared learning and mentoring integral to its operation.
We are also hoping to arrange some training e.g. in engaging with the media
Julia Faulconbridge is the DCP Lead for Communications, Marketing and Publications.
Over the last year she has been working to improve the communications functions for the DCP with the support of colleagues and the BPS Comms team but there is still a lot to do!
The Comms work falls into 3 main categories:
1. Communications with members
- So they know what DCP is, what it does, how it relates to them,
- Hearing their voices, involving them in discussions, enabling them to participate and contribute more effectively.
- Keeping them up to date with all professional issues
- Keeping them up to date on opportunities, events, training etc.
- Marketing to increase membership
2. Communications with the public and external bodies
- Sharing psychological knowledge,
- Getting clinical psychology into the media, both mainstream and social
- Working with the BPS Comms team providing public statements about key policy documents and reports
- Supporting those in need of help
- Influencing policy makers etc.
- Linking with other relevant bodies
3. The intra-DCP organisational connectivity.
- Linking the networks and working groups closely with the Exec
- Keeping all our networks well-informed
- Sharing their knowledge and expertise across the other networks, Maximising co-working and effectiveness
- Supporting networks working together
Role and functions of the Comms Subcommittee
The subcommittee will support all the Comms and marketing work of the DCP, working closely with Julia and the BPS Comms team.
The plan is that certain people will form subgroups with particular delegated responsibilities e.g.:
- Newsletters – DCP in Focus and newsletter strategy
- Social media
- Podcasts, interviews
- Blogs and other statements
- Online Community
- Working with Faculties, Nations and English Branches
- Working on membership strategy and marketing
The Subcomittee will be meeting every 6 weeks for 90 minutes and it is expected that subgroup activities will be needed in between
If you are interested, please complete a Statement of Interest Form.
If you want to have a discussion beforehand, pleas email Julia Faulconbridge at [email protected]