The Division of Academics, Researchers and Teachers in Psychology promotes the professional interests of psychologists who teach and/or conduct research, whether in a university, school, college or any other academic environment.
Teaching and Learning Issues in the Disciplines: PsychologyShow content
In 2015, the Higher Education Academy (HEA) commissioned research from a number of professional bodies, including the BPS, to find out more about current issues in learning and teaching within specific disciplines in higher education.
Dr Julie Hulme and Helen Kitching of DART-P led the psychology project, carrying out focus groups in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with participants from different career stages and from diverse universities.
Data were analysed using thematic analysis. This report summarises the key findings, and makes recommendations for the enhancement and support of psychology learning and teaching.
Examination BoardsShow content
Online ResourcesShow content
Publication linksShow content
Research OrganisationsShow content
Teaching Organisations and ResourcesShow content
- Advance HE
- Association for Psychological Science
- Association for the Teaching of Psychology
- Association for the Teaching of Psychology in Scotland
- Canadian Psychological Association Section of Teaching of Psychology
- Education Directorate of the American Psychological Association
- Educational Psychology, Division 15 of the American Psychological Association
- European Federation of Psychology Teachers' Associations
- European Society for Psychology Learning and Teaching
- Get into teaching with support and advice from the Department for Education
- International Association for Educational Assessment (IAEA)
- International Teaching of Psychology Network
- National Union for Teachers
- Psychology Postgraduate Affairs Group (PsyPAG)
- Psychology Teachers at Community Colleges
- Society for the Teaching of Psychology (APA Division)
- Teachers of Psychology at Secondary Schools (TOPSS)
- The Institute for Learning
- University and College Union