The Division of Academics, Researchers and Teachers in Psychology promotes the professional interests of psychologists who teach and/or conduct research, whether in a university, school, college or any other academic environment.
Why should I join the Division of Academics, Researchers & Teachers in Psychology?
Membership of the Division is open to members of the British Psychological Society.
If you are not already a member you can join the Division of Academics, Researchers & Teachers in Psychology at the same time as applying for membership of the Society.
There are three grades of divisional membership:
Full Divisional membership
For fully qualified psychologists who are eligible for Chartered Status.
In-training Divisional membership
For psychologists in-training who hold Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership and are working towards Chartered status and Full Divisional membership.
General Divisional membership
For members of the Society who are not currently eligible for the above grades, to join as a General Member.
DARTP Membership - Teaching or Research Route
It is also possible to apply for membership of the DARTP based upon established experience of teaching and/or research.
|In Training Member||£15.00|
Benefits of Belonging
Benefits of DARTP MembershipShow content
- Access to preferential rates for workshops, webinars and other CPD events
- Access to the Division of Academics, Researchers and Teachers in Psychology (DARTP) website which includes access to members only resources
- Network and support from colleagues in the field
- Receiving announcement emails about events and items of interest
- Support, both in the pre-tertiary and higher education sectors, to gain Chartered status through the teaching route
- The biannual Psychology Teaching Review (PTR) publication
Member Announcement ListShow content
The Division of Academics, Researchers and Teachers in Psychology (DARTP) uses its membership announcement email list to inform members of activities and initiatives that are relevant to their interests and to make requests for engagement on topical issues.
By becoming a member of the DARTP you are automatically allocated to the announcement list.
To receive these emails you will need to:
- become a member of the Division of Academics, Researchers and Teachers in Psychology
- opt into receiving email communications and provide a working email address
These preferences can be updated by logging into your BPS website account.
If you have any queries, please contact Member Network Services.
To assist us in responding to your query please make sure to include your membership number and quote 'DARTP announcement email' in the subject line.
Getting involved with the DARTP CommitteeShow content
The Division of Academics, Researchers and Teachers in Psychology relies on a wide range of people getting involved, and the work of the Division is largely achieved through the dedication of unpaid volunteers.
Our volunteers come from a wide range of different backgrounds, whether they be practitioners or academics, or full members or in-training members, and together form an open and inclusive community.
If you would like to apply to join the Committee, you can submit a Statement of Interest, found on our Members Online Resources area: