Here we aim to provide a curated list of the most useful resources for your work. Please let Mike Rennoldson know if you have any suggestions for resources we could add.
Practice / Commissioning Guidelines
1. Tumour site specific NICE standards requiring access to psychological care (updated October 2019).
Go to the NICE guidelines homepage, and enter the guideline number in the search box:
|Brain & CNS
CSG10 - Improving outcomes for people with brain and other CNS tumours
NG99 - Brain tumours (primary) and brain metastases in adults
CSG1 - Improving outcomes in breast cancer
CG81 - Advanced Breast Cancer: diagnosis and treatment
CG164 - Familial Breast Cancer: classification, care and managing breast cancer and related risks in people with a family history of breast cancer
NG101 - Early and locally advanced breast cancer: diagnosis and management
||CSG5 - Improving outcomes in colorectal cancer
||NG14 - Melanoma assessment and management
||NG47 - Haematological Cancers: Improving Outcomes
|Head & Neck
CSG6 - Improving outcomes in head and neck cancers
NG36 - Cancer of the upper aerodigestive tract: assessment and management in people aged 16 and over
||NG122 - Lung cancer diagnosis and management
||CSG9 - Improving outcomes in sarcoma
||NG83 - Oesophago-grastric cancer: assessment and management in adults
CSG2 – Improving outcomes in bladder cancer
NG131 – Prostate cancer: diagnosis and management
See also NHS England specialised kidney, bladder and prostate service specification
2. Macmillan / Royal College of Anaesthetists Prehab for Cancer Guidelines
This 2019 guidance puts preventative psychological work on the agenda for NHS cancer services.
3. NHS London Commissioning Guidance and Pathway Specification for Psychological Services for People affected by Cancer
Health Economic & Effectiveness evidence
1. Dieng, M., Cust, A. E., Kasparian, N. A., Mann, G. J., & Morton, R. L. (2016). Economic evaluations of psychosocial interventions in cancer: a systematic review. Psycho-oncology, 25(12), 1380-1392.
2. Mausbach, B. T., & Irwin, S. A. (2017). Depression and healthcare service utilization in patients with cancer. Psycho-oncology, 26(8), 1133-1139.
3. Osborn, R. L., Demoncada, A. C., & Feuerstein, M. (2006). Psychosocial interventions for depression, anxiety, and quality of life in cancer survivors: meta-analyses. The International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine, 36(1), 13-34.
4. Jacobsen, P. B., & Jim, H. S. (2008). Psychosocial interventions for anxiety and depression in adult cancer patients: achievements and challenges. CA: a cancer journal for clinicians, 58(4), 214-230.
Level 2 Skills NHS Network
Here you’ll find information on different approaches to level 2 skills training.