The Faculty for Oncology and Palliative Care exists to support psychologists working in the specialist area of oncology and palliative care.
- To disseminate the knowledge and skills of Faculty members among pre- and post-qualification clinical psychologists.
- To promote a wider understanding of psychological work in oncology and palliative care settings.
- To promote and support advances in psychosocial knowledge and research.
- To promote high standards of psychosocial care and quality of life among individuals, families, staff and others coping with cancer, illnesses requiring palliative care and bereavement.
- To promote the highest standards in the application of psychological knowledge to clinical problems in oncology and palliative care.
- To raise awareness of cultural and other differences in oncology and palliative care.
- To share information among, and support the interests of members of the group in their activities in oncology and palliative care.
- Where appropriate, to collaborate with other organisations, group or individuals with similar interests.