The Faculty of Clinical Health Psychology was set up to develop the psychological interest of professionals working in this field, the faculty supports its members by offering access to a wide range of networks to forward the specialist interests of psychologists working with physical health.
Clinical Health Commissioning Project Literature Guide: Key Documents
Clinical GuidelinesShow content
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & ME, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. (2007).
- Chronic Heart Failure, National Clinical Guidance Centre. (2010).
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. (2010).
- Improving Supportive and Palliative Care for Adults with Cancer: The Manual, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. (2004).
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome in Adults, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. (2008).
Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT)Show content
Key policy-orientated publicationsShow content
These are examples of publications that are particularly noteworthy in terms of being recent contributions (i.e. since 2012) to the awareness of long-term conditions and the impact of chronic ill health on psychological wellbeing.
- Department of Health - Closing the Gap: Priorities for Essential Change in Mental Health
- Department of Health - Long Term Conditions Compendium of Information
- The Kings Fund - Long Term Conditions & Mental Health: The Cost of Co-Morbidities
- The King’s Fund - Delivering Better Services for People with Long-Term Conditions
Other publications (related to Clinical Health Psychology, Long Term Conditions, etc)Show content
Other strategic publicationsShow content
- Department of Health - Comborbidities: A framework of principles for system-wide action
- Department of Health - National Service Framework for Diabetes
- Department of Health - National Service Framework for Long Term Conditions
- Department of Health - No Health Without Mental Health
- Department of Health - The National Strategy for HIV and Sexual Health
- Joint Commissioning Panel for Mental Health - Guidance for Commissioners on Liaison Mental Health Services to Acute Hospitals
Research ArticlesShow content
- Centre for Economic Performance - How Mental Health Loses Out in the NHS, Mental Health Policy Group. (2012).
- NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement - Improving Care for People with Long Term Conditions, Singh, D., & Hamm, C. (2006).
- The King’s Fund - Managing people with Long Term Conditions, Goodwin, N., Curry, N., Naylor, C., Ross, S., & Duldig, W(2010). Research Articles