The Community Psychology Section provides a forum to exchange ideas and promote research into community psychology.
If you are already a member of the Society and you wish to join the Section, send the following details to [email protected]
- Membership Number
- Name of Member Network you would like to join
- Grade of Member Network membership you are applying for
Your membership record will be updated and payment taken as per your current payment arrangements
There are two grades of Section membership:
For Graduate or Chartered Members and Subscribers (Affiliate or e-Subscriber)
For Student Members or Members under Rule 15(ii) or 22(b)
If you are not already a BPS member, you can join the Section at the same time as applying for membership of the society:
Benefits of Belonging
Benefits of Community Psychology Section membershipShow content
- Full access to the Section website, ad hoc reports and updates via our membership newsletter
- Get involved in drafting BPS responses to current issues, and influence policy related to our fields of expertise
- Help us consider optimal ways of disseminating community psychology within mental health, academic, local government, and other contexts
- Opportunity to participate in our Twitter feed
- Opportunity to join a regional interest group – or to form one if there is not one near you!
- Reduced registration rates to our Community Psychology Festival and regular training and CPD event
Member Announcement Email ListShow content
The Community Psychology Section uses its membership announcement email list to inform its members of activities and initiatives that are relevant to their interests and to make requests for engagement on topical issues.
By becoming a member of the Section you are automatically added to the announcement list.
To receive these emails you will need to:
- become a member of the Community Psychology Section
- opt into receiving email communication and provide a working email address
These preferences can be updated by logging into your BPS website account.
If you have any queries, please contact Member Network Services.
To assist us in responding to your query please make sure to include your membership number and quote 'Community Psychology Section announcement email' in the subject line.
Getting involved with the Community Psychology Section committeeShow content
The Community Psychology Section relies on a wide range of people getting involved, and the work of the Section is largely achieved through the dedication of unpaid volunteers.
Our volunteers come from a wide range of different backgrounds, whether they be practitioners or academics, or full members or student members, and together form an open and inclusive community.