The Society’s Qualification in Occupational Psychology (QOP) (Stage 2) is a postgraduate qualification which confers eligibility to apply for Chartered Membership, Full Membership of the Division of Occupational Psychology, and registration with the HCPC as an Occupational Psychologist.
The role of the Occupational Psychology Qualifications Board is to formulate and manage all matters relating to policy, procedure and assessment for the QOP (Stage 2). The Board’s work is overseen by the Qualifications Committee (QC) which consists of the Chairs of all Society Qualifications Boards.
The Qualifications Board is seeking to appoint an External Examiner who is a Chartered Psychologist with Full Membership of the Division of Occupational Psychology, registered with the HCPC as an Occupational Psychologist, with substantial and current experience of training within occupational psychology in the UK and previous experience as an External Examiner on approved university-based occupational psychology training programmes.
The appointment will be fixed term, covering a period of three years starting from 1 July 2020.
The role attracts an annual retainer of £765.00.
Overview of the External Examiner Role
The External Examiner will be required report to the Chair of the Qualifications Board on:
- whether the standards set are at an appropriate level and the performance of candidates is properly judged against these standards
- whether the standards of candidate performance are comparable to the standards of other occupational psychology programmes in the UK
- the extent to which the processes of assessment and the determination of the award of the Qualification in Occupational Psychology (Stage 2) are sound and have been fairly conducted
In order to do this the External Examiner will be sent samples of written work and recorded viva examinations.
The External Examiner will be able to review any part of the assessment process and will agree with the Qualifications Team the assessment materials that they will review.
The main functions of the External Examiner are as follows:
- monitor processes in the Qualification, including assessment processes.
- sample assessed work
- attend meetings as necessary in Leicester or London
- report to the Chair of the Board
The applicant must be a Chartered Psychologist with Full Membership of the DOP and registered with the HCPC as an Occupational Psychologist, with at least five years post qualification experience and experience of external examining at D level.
The successful candidate will also have:
- knowledge and understanding of the processes of examinations
- experience of examining at a postgraduate level in Occupational Psychology
- good communication skills
- good decision making skills
- good organisational skills
- facilitation skills
Plus experience of:
- Board or committee functioning
- establishing and maintaining academic and professional standards on behalf of an organisation
- assessing people including being part of Boards of Examiners, or similar process in any other context
How to apply:
For further information and a Statement of Interest, please contact [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Monday 09 March 2020.