Based in the heart of Leicester, the successful candidate for this role will join the Professional Development Centre to work on the many BPS conferences that take place each year.
The role will involve:
- providing support to the Conference Organiser in the delivery of conferences to ensure they meet their commercial/charitable objectives
- undertaking tasks of any aspect of the organisation on a number of conferences to contribute to their successful delivery
- administering mailboxes and dealing with all queries efficiently in order to maintain an excellent level of service across conference provision
- undertaking the marketing of events and seeking opportunities in order to maximise revenue
- assisting with the maintenance of the content of the conferences and events website to ensure the information displayed is up-to-date and accurate
You should have significant administration experience, experience in events management or professional development, excellent customer service skills via telephone, email and face-to-face, well-developed communication skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
You will join our Professional Development team on a one year fixed term contract/secondment, reporting to the Professional Development Centre Manager.
The post is available on a full time basis.
Salary: Grade 4, £22,837.00 – £26,249.00 depending on experience.
Please contact Thomas Elton for an informal discussion on the role and job description.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Friday 6th September 2019.