Registration deadline: 16 June
What is FIT?
The BPS Division of Forensic Psychology in Northern Ireland host regular meetings for local forensic practitioners and researchers. These meet-ups provide a forum for colleagues working with people who have committed offences and related services.
We aim to share understanding and promote trauma informed practice through:
- Peer support
- Sharing ideas and experience
- Promoting trauma informed approaches
Who is FIT for?
Forensic psychologists and other health or criminal justice workers and academics working within the area.
How might a trauma informed approach be relevant?
- Incorporating trauma into formulations of risk and desistance
- Building understanding of trauma into needs assessment, treatment planning, case management and service planning
- Incorporating staff trauma and wellbeing into approaches
- Gathering information about needs within specific populations, to support better planning and service delivery
- Open UniversityBelfast Campus: 110 Victoria StreetBelfastBT1 3GN
Clicking on the register button will take you to the BPS sign in page - please sign in using your usual BPS membership number and password.
If you don't yet have an account, you can create an account via this link:
Once you have signed in, click on this event to register and you should be able to complete the form and add to basket.
If you have any queries regarding this event please contact Member Network Services, quoting 'DFPNI- FIT- 20 June' at:
Alternatively telephone during office hours on +44 (0) 116 252 9515 stating the name and date of the event.