The BPS Division of Forensic Psychology in Northern Ireland host regular meetings for local forensic practitioners and researchers. These meet-ups provide a forum for colleagues working with people who have committed offences and related services.
We aim to share understanding and promote trauma informed practice through:
- Peer support
- Sharing ideas and experience
- Promoting trauma informed approaches
Light refreshments will be provided.
Please see the programme tab for further information.
Thank you to the Open University for supporting us with this venue.
110 Victoria Street,
On this meet-up’s agenda:
- Lawrence Jones’ 2015 article “The Peaks unit: from a pilot for ‘untreatable’ psychopaths to trauma informed milieu therapy” with its reflection on the pervasive impact of chronic histories of sexual, violent, emotional and neglecting abuse on those within personality disorder services and the links between trauma, re-traumatisation and imprisonment / hospitalisation.
- AMBIT, an integrative and systemic approach to working with young people. FIT regulars Bill Lockhart and Robin Jordan will give an overview of this approach and we will discuss its relevance to our varied workplaces.
Who is FIT for?
Forensic psychologists and other health or criminal justice workers and academics working within the area.
How might a trauma informed approach be relevant?
- Incorporating trauma into formulations of risk and desistance
- Building understanding of trauma into needs assessment, treatment planning, case management and service planning
- Incorporating staff trauma and wellbeing into approaches
- Gathering information about needs within specific populations, to support better planning and service delivery
Clicking on the register button will take you to the BPS online Shop - please sign in using your usual BPS membership number and password.
Once you have signed in, click on this event to register and you should be able to complete the form and add to basket.
If you have any queries regarding this event please contact Member Network Services, quoting 'DFPNI - FIT -Jul 2018' at:
Alternatively telephone during office hours on +44 (0) 116 252 9515 stating the name and date of the event.