Over the course of the year we will host quarterly evening meet-ups in central London, aimed at developing a postgraduate community.
The range of topics covered include:
- Develop your presenting skills and practice speaking about your research project
- Gain peer feedback on your research
- Network with fellow Psychology postgraduate students in and around London
Please note: this event is aimed at Postgraduate Students.
Submission Deadline: Midnight 9 May
Registration Deadline: 15 May
The British Psychological Society
30 Tabernacle Street
Submission deadline is midnight on 9 May 2019
PLEASE NOTE that by submitting a proposal does not book you a place to attend the conference. Please also register your attendance below.
Structure for all submissions
The abstract should be 200 - 250 words (maximum 300 words) in length exclusive of title. It should not include references and should be written in either the past or present tense. Abstracts of accepted papers may appear in The Proceedings of the British Psychological Society which are published online.
- Objectives: State the primary objective of the paper and the major hypothesis tested or research question posed.
- Design: Describe the design of the study and the rationale for the procedures adopted (if appropriate.
- Methods: Describe how participants were selected and number of participants (if documentary data used, state how these were selected), materials employed (if appropriate), methods of data collection and analysis.
- Results: Include numerical and/or textual data. This should be kept to a minimum. For qualitative analyses briefly describe your findings (eg, themes, categories, discourses identified).
- Conclusions: State the conclusions that can be drawn from the study, including theoretical, methodological, or applied/policy implications as appropriate and any key limitations of the study.
Submissions must also include explicit confirmation that the convenor and authors/co-authors understand and adhere to the Society’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
Oral presentations will be for 10 minutes followed by 5 minutes for questioning and the atmosphere is always very positive and supportive. (Five minutes is allowed between presentations to enable students to move between rooms.)
Posters should be A1 size (841 mm (h) x 594 mm (w)) and in portrait orientation and should include the name with which you registered for the conference
Submitting as a group
If you are submitting as group to present, please complete the online submissions form online only once and put all the names of the presenters on the form. All individuals must also register individually to attend the conference.
Further submission information
Authors of all material submitted must confirm adherence to the British Psychological Society’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
Clicking on the register button will take you to the BPS sign in page - please sign in using your usual BPS membership number and password.
If you don't yet have an account or are not a member, you can create an account via this link:
Once you have signed in, click on this event to register and you should be able to complete the form and add to basket.
If you have any queries regarding this event please contact Member Network Services, quoting 'LHC- Meet-up - 21 May' at:
Alternatively telephone during office hours on +44 (0) 116 252 9515 stating the name and date of the event.