Health inequalities affect access and outcomes from both cancer and psychological care. We want to work collectively to tackle health inequalities in psycho-oncology.
This event is intended as a first step to share experience and plan our next steps as a group of psychologists.
- Defining and exploring the importance of addressing inequalities within psycho-oncology services
- Moving from guidance to practical implementation – a service level example
- National examples of best practice in exploring inequalities
- Reflecting on barriers and challenges in incorporating work on into inequalities into service delivery
- Generating outcomes and next steps for future SIGOPAC approaches to supporting services to address inequalities
14:00 Introduction/scene-setting, importance of addressing inequalities
14:25 Moving from guidance to practical implementation – a service level example
15:00 Best practice example – a consideration of rurality, poverty and access
15:20 Reflecting on barriers and challenges
15:40 Next steps for addressing inequalities across the SIGOPAC membership
Registration is available online only.
Registration is only to Members of the Faculty of Oncology and Palliative Care only, free of charge, and is limited to 50 places.
In order to register for the event, you will need to sign in using your log in details. If you are not a returning customer, you will need to create a free account.
Joining instructions will be sent the day prior to the event, these will be sent to your BPS registered email address.
Have a query?
Contact us at [email protected]