ECP 2023 Student Bursary Scheme
Applications for 2023 are now closed.
Bursaries are available to support members of the society, who are early career psychologists, to attend the European Congress of Psychology 2023 in Brighton (3-6 July 2023) to present their work.
Each bursary covers the cost of registration for the full conference (early bird rate), accommodation and travel up to £550 for (UK) based applicants and £700 for (international) applicants.
Please note: funding is not available for food costs.
Further information on how to apply will be available from the date the scheme is open to application.
Please note: Application criteria and eligibility is subject to change. Any changes will be applied when the scheme is open to application.
- You must have a paper or poster, as either sole or multiple author, accepted as part of the programme for the conference.
- You should be meeting the majority of the cost of attending the conference yourself and you must not be the Principal Investigator (PI) on a research grant.
- You should have booked, and be intending to attend, all or most of the conference, not just the presentation in which you are personally involved.
- Your Head of Department or Line Manager, as appropriate, must indicate their support where indicated in the application form.
- You must be a student member or a Graduate Member of the society to apply.
- Please submit receipts for registration fees and travel to enable us to release any funds.
- Please submit a brief conference report for consideration by the Bursary Sub-Committee no later than one month following the conference.
- Please acknowledge the support of British Psychological Society in your presentation. We can supply a logo if required.
Important further information (please read carefully)
- For the purposes of this bursary scheme, we define an early career psychologist as a BPS student or graduate member.
- You must include an abstract of your poster/paper with the application, along with official confirmation that you have submitted it to the Conference. Applications will not be considered without this.
- Please note that you should provide documentary confirmation of acceptance of the paper/poster and evidence of conference registration at the time of application if the paper is already accepted. We will only make payment of the bursary once we have received these confirmations.
- You should ensure that you clearly explain the relevance of the conference to your area of research/teaching or practice within the application.
- You must provide full details of how you intend to meet any costs above the level of funding available, in order for us to consider the application.
- Please check that all the details provided on the application form are correct, as any incorrect details may impede the consideration of the application.
- We regret that we cannot accept retrospective applications.
How to apply
Please follow the link below to access and complete the application form.
Please note: you can only submit one bursary application per round.
If you encounter any issues when completing the application form, or require any further clarification, please email [email protected].