Overview of the Role
The Health Psychology Qualifications Board (HPQB) is responsible for the management and delivery of the Society’s Qualification in Health Psychology (Stage 2) which provides one of the routes to gaining eligibility to apply for Chartered Membership of the BPS, and to apply to the Health and Care Professions Council for registration as a health psychologist.
The HPQB is seeking to appoint an Associate Chief Supervisor/Registrar to support the role of the Chief Supervisor/Registrar overseeing the progress of candidates on the Qualification in Health Psychology (Stage 2) and liaising with supervisors.
- To review and provide feedback on candidates’ quarterly supervisory meeting record forms, highlighting any particular issues that require action
- Support supervisors in their Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPPS) training, both online and face-to-face
- To co-facilitate training days for supervisors and candidates alongside the Chief Supervisor/Registrar and Chief Assessor
- To correspond with candidates as necessary on behalf of the Board via the Delivery Team
- To provide input to the Delivery Team to support the development and maintenance of qualification related resources, including the Virtual Learning Environment
- To support and advise supervisors in their role, both in an ad hoc and structured way, identifying areas for improvement
- To attend occasional meetings with the Chief Supervisor/Registrar
- To attend Qualifications Board meetings, as required
- To support the work of the Qualifications Committee
- To comply with all Society policies and regulations
- Significant experience as a Chartered Psychologist, Full Membership of the Division of Health Psychology and registration with the Health Professions Council as a health psychologist
- Knowledge and understanding of postgraduate assessment processes
- Experience supervising, coaching or mentoring
- Substantial experience assessing at post-graduate level in health psychology or evaluating professional practice against clear competency frameworks
- Knowledge of professional standards of training for the Qualification in Health Psychology
- Experience working on boards or committees
- Experience designing and delivering effective training workshops
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent decision making skills
- Good organisational skills
- Facilitation skills
The successful applicant will not be permitted to take on new Stage 2 supervisees while in post.
The appointment will last for three years.
This role attracts an annual retainer of £300, plus £10 per quarterly review form.
If you are interested in applying for this post please send a Statement of Interest Form and CV to Risha Pattani, Delivery Officer for the QHP (Stage 2).
These can be requested by contacting [email protected]
Interested parties are welcome to contact the Board, via Risha, for an informal discussion before they put forward their statement of interest.
The appointment is envisaged to commence as soon as possible.
The closing date for applications 21st July 2020.