Nominations for this award are now open and will be accepted until 5pm on Monday 02 November 2020.
This award recognises outstanding contributions to psychological knowledge by postgraduate research students undertaken whilst carrying out research for their doctoral degrees in psychology.
Please note: a candidate may only be nominated for the award if their doctoral degree was awarded no earlier than three years ago.
The Award Committee will base its judgement on published psychology articles reporting the research carried out for the doctoral degree.
A maximum of two articles can be submitted, which must meet the following requirements:
- The article(s) must have been published in refereed journals, or be in press.
- The candidate must be either the sole or senior (first) author of the article(s) concerned.
- The candidate's doctoral degree supervisor or Head of Department must sign a statement confirming that the research reported in the article(s) was carried out by the candidate as research for a doctoral degree in psychology, which was passed by a university in the UK normally not more than two years before the date when the article(s) was/were accepted for publication.
To make a nomination please contact [email protected] for further details, including the full criteria, and a link to the new electronic nomination form.
- The nominator must send a 1,500-word nomination statement outlining why the candidate's work is outstanding and why they should be considered for the award
- Nominators must send copies of what they judge to be the candidate's two most outstanding and significant publications reporting the research carried out for the candidate's doctoral degree
- Nominators must also send a copy of the candidates current full CV
The award consists of a £500 prize and commemorative certificate, which will be presented at a society awards evening in 2021.
|2018||Dr Nadine Lavan|
|2017||Dr Neil Bramley|
|2016||Dr Anne-Lise Goddings|
|2015||Dr Praveetha Patalay|
|2014||Dr Rachel Arnold and Dr Lauren Marsh|
|2010||Thom Scott Phillips and Catherine Sebastian|
|2008||Julia Kovas and Merim Bilalic|
|2002||Pam Heaton and Rudolf Cardinal|
|2000||Richard J. Crisp|
|1998||Richard (Rik) Henson|