- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
A Fellowship is recognition of significant contribution to the advancement or communication of psychological knowledge or practice either by research, teaching, publications or public service, or by organising and developing the work of others. It is the highest title a member can apply for.
The Society encourages applications from members who work within all settings including the NHS, prison services, social care, education, business, sport those who work in independent practice settings or within academic institutions.
The Society believes the title should be attainable by members across all areas of the discipline and the revised guidance and application information, which sets out the criteria for the award, also provides examples of who may be eligible.
To be awarded the status as a Fellow of the Society, you will:
- either be an Associate Fellow or can satisfy the Board of Trustees that you possess the requirements for Associate Fellowship; and
- satisfy the Board of Trustees that you have the following additional qualifications:
i) been engaged in work of a psychological nature (other than undergraduate training) for a total period of at least 10 years; and
ii) possess an advanced knowledge of psychology in at least one of its fields; and
iii) made an outstanding contribution to the advancement or dissemination of psychological knowledge or practice either by your own research, teaching, publications or public service, or by organising and developing the work of others.
As a Fellow you can:
- use the FBPsS title. This is the highest designation the Society can bestow, showing your significant contribution and understanding of the discipline.
- become a Full member of one of our divisions and other professional groups of the Society.
- apply to become a Chartered Scientist (CSci).
- and more…
Subscription fees and payment methods
Our schedule of fees and payment methods.
You can apply, be nominated or nominate another member to become a Fellow of the Society. The criteria required is provided in our application or nomination for a Society Fellowship document.
To apply, download the application form and send it, along with all the essential materials, to:
The British Psychological Society
St Andrews House
48 Princess Road East
Leicester LE1 7DR
Any queries, contact the Membership Team:
Tel: +44 (0)116 252 9911
|Application or nomination for a Society Fellowship||.doc|
- The BPS
- Developing the profession
- Our influence
- Awards & grants
- Ethics & standards