- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Associate Fellow (AFBPsS)
The title, Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPsS) is awarded in recognition of several years' experience and contribution to the field of psychology.
You may apply for this title if you have satisfied one of the following conditions since first becoming eligible for graduate membership:
- Achieved eligibility for full membership of one of the Society's divisions and been successfully engaged in the professional application of a specialised knowledge of psychology for an aggregate of at least two calendar years full-time (or its part-time equivalent); or
- Possess a research qualification in psychology and been engaged in the application, discovery, development or dissemination of psychological knowledge or practice for an aggregate of at least four years full time (or its part time equivalent); or
- Published psychological works or exercised specialised psychological knowledge of a standard not less than in 1 or 2 above.
- You must normally be engaged in work of a psychological nature at the time of your application.
As an Associate Fellow you can:
- use the AFBPsS title. This is a mark of experience, competence and reputation of psychological knowledge through the field
- if you are already a Chartered Member of the Society, apply to become a Chartered Scientist which entitles you to use the prestigious CSci designation.
- and more…
Subscription fees and payment methods
Our schedule of fees and payment methods.
- For this grade, certificates are not required as the main eligibility criteria are based on time spent working in psychology.
To apply, please send a completed application form to:
The British Psychological Society
St Andrews House
48 Princess Road East
Leicester LE1 7DR
Any queries, contact the Membership Team:
Tel: +44 (0)116 252 9911
|Associate Fellow application form||.doc|
- The BPS
- Developing the profession
- Our influence
- Awards & grants
- Ethics & standards