Sections Initiative Fund
This Research Board fund is for Sections of the British Psychological Society. It provides grants of up to £15,000 to support scientific initiatives that promote or advance psychology.
Examples of initiatives include:
- innovative or pioneering Conferences, one-off seminars or Workshops
- research experience - for undergraduates or non-psychologists
- specific short-term research on a topic falling under one the Society's thematic priorities
- supporting new and emerging areas of the discipline
- promoting innovation in psychological research methods
- national or international exhibitions based on furthering understanding and awareness of a specific field of psychological research.
Applications must be submitted by Section committee members on behalf of the Committee and be signed off by the Section Chair.
Please note that the total grant budget is £15,000. Sections may request any amount up to the total amount, however, large funding bids may only be offered part of the funding requested.
Further details, including the full criteria and an application form, can be obtained from the Policy Advice Administrator.
The closing date for applications is 1 September.