- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Lifetime Achievement Award
Research Board - Lifetime Achievement Award
This award recognises distinctive and exemplary contributions to psychological knowledge.
Academics and researchers, including those in retirement, in any area of psychology.
Nominees need not be members of the Society but they must be resident in the UK. It is expected that award winners will not only have an outstanding record of personal achievements but will have also made significant contributions to the advancement of psychological knowledge; contributions to the work of the Society would also be considered appropriate in this instance.
These should include:
- A statement, up to 2000 words in length, detailing the nominee's achievements and the grounds for nomination;
- A full CV, and;
- The names and addresses of three potential referees (to include at least one current/former colleague of the nominee, who may be an employer such as a Head of Department, Dean etc.)
The award will confer:
- Life Membership of the Society;
- £1000 to be spent on furthering an area of research of the nominee's choice, and;
- A commemorative certificate (which will be presented to the recipient at the Society's Annual Conference).
Nominations should be sent to the Chair of the Research Board c/o the Society's office.
The closing date for nominations is 30 April 2015.
Further details can be obtained from the Board Administrator.
- The BPS
- Developing the profession
- Our influence
- Awards & grants
- A level & scottish highers award
- Public engagement & media award
- BPS POST postgraduate award
- Distinguished contributions to psychology in practice
- Doctoral Award
- Excellence in psychology education
- PEB: Lifetime achievement award
- PPB: Lifetime achievement award
- Practitioner of the Year
- Postgraduate study visits scheme
- Presidents' award
- Postdoctoral conference bursary scheme
- RB: Lifetime achievement award
- Research seminar competition
- Spearman medal
- Undergraduate award
- Undergraduate research assistantship scheme
- William Inman prize
- Postdoctoral Study Visits Scheme
- Book Award
- Award for Promoting Equality of Opportunity
- International Conference Symposium Scheme
- Public Engagement Grants
- RB BPS/ATSiP Technical Support in Psychological Research Award
- Sections Initiative Fund
- Ethics & standards